Friday 28 July 2017

Biography of most Africa's comedian a.k.a TYWSE

Ereme  Abraham aka Twyse, is known for is acting skills, comedy, and video editing, which as been viral on instagram. We were lucky to reach out to him for a spectacular written interview check it out.



Screenshot_2016-01-30-22-40-19-1
TWYSE

1. How did you get involved in comedy?
I won’t really refer to what I do as comedy lol, but if it makes people happy so be it. I started with some falz impression videos and later went ahead to start the ‘Twyse and Family’ skits, which was just me trying to bring real life situations of typical African home to phone screens.
2. How long have you been  into video editing? From where did you get started?
Roughly 6 years now didn’t really take it serious at first till I started getting paid to make videos. It started right after my A ‘levels I and some of my course-mates will make teleport videos on a phone during lunch, so from there I started gaining interest in videos and losing interest in “Law” which was the course I was studying at that point in time.
3. How many comedy vines do you think you’ve done?
Think I’ve lost count, not really much though Maybe 100 or thereabout.
4. Tell us about yourself?
Basically I’m Ereme Abraham, Twyse being a nickname, from Edo state, The only child of my parents, My Dad is late, age 23, Currently studying and working as well. Hobbies: Eating(lol), video shoot/editing and good music. Nothing much.
5. Are you working on any current projects?
Yeah I’m currently working on a short film and Looking forward to making longer skits for my supporters and we probably step up to a TV sitcom, all in this year by God’s grace.
6. What kind of roles do you perform in comedy? Are you satisfied with how you videos are going viral?
I perform whatever roles that people can relate to as long as it can make them smile and feel good, Nothing too explicit though and yeah of course, I’m way beyond satisfied. I’m blown away cos starting this thing was really difficult. Not many people will love to f**k with a new face, there was a whole lot of doubt and heartbreak starting at first but I was determined not to give up as long as i could have an audience of at least 10.
7. How different is it to be a video editor and a comedian?
Hmmm,very interesting question and like I said I’m not a comedian. Let’s refer to it as ‘acting’ for the time being. Actually there’s is nothing to edit if there’s no one to perform. Getting someone to perform the ideas these days could be a very huge task, from the monetary aspect to getting the Actor on set at all times. Basically it’s hard for people to sacrifice their time and effort these days except it’s being beneficial that’s why I do more of solo thing. I pay so much attention to fans in order to make sure I bring something they really crave for to the table be it a new act, attire, anything at all just to adjust and make it presentable. And everything in life is all about practice perfection is not a one time thing.
8. Tell me about an area in which you would like to improve as an comedy skill?
Errmmh, I think that will be me trying to switch roles quickly like in a twinkle of an eye. most times I record maybe 2 to 3 times just to get the perfect picture.
9. Do you ever think that you could do better in any particular role you play?
Yeah I think so, as a matter of fact I wish to make a lot of improvements in all the roles in general.
10. Which has been your favorite character that you have performed in your videos?
I love the Character of “Mama Tobi” lol because that’s something I wouldn’t even imagine doing years back but when it comes to the stress of “acting”, Tobi is my best. Very easy for me, as a matter of fact, most times I do just one take on that role that’s more like the real me.


12230891_1519088718410952_811523471_n
FALZ and Twyse


11. What are your strong points as a comedy?
I think the first point is trying to do something that really relates to your genre of set of audience. I mean an Indian sitcom won’t really makes waves in Africa not because it’s not interesting, but because it’s probably not relate-able to our own kind of audience the story is the key part other points can follow.
12. What have you learned from the directors that you have worked with throughout your career?
The truth is I haven’t worked with any director so to say before now, None of those people i approached actually considered my work to be okay. it was mostly disapproval in all cases but I’m about to work with a popular and hardworking Actress/Producer (I won’t mention her name lol) but she wants me to direct her next movie and trust me, I feel so energized and overwhelmed about that lips sealed for now haha.
13. Who is your favorite comedian?
Yeah that will be Craze clown and Aphrican Ape on Instagram and on stage, that will be Akpororo, Kevin Hart and Chris Rock the list continues basically that’s it for now.
14. What are your educational qualifications?
I’ve got a BSC in Graphics Art, Annamalai University, Chennai, India and I’m currently studying Information & Comm. Technology, London Metropolitan University, London.
15. From where have you learned acting?
Nowhere actually, I just earn from my mistakes and I’m open to constructive criticism.

12331582_516088035231009_712273427_n
16. Do you think that you are matured as an actor?
No not all, i think I’m just at the starting point got a lot more to do, it’s more like a continuous journey for me and not a destination.
17. How do you think comedians handle their popularity?
I really don’t know much, I’m all about my own business and fans so i really don’t get much time focusing on other things so as to avoid any kind of distraction.
18. Do you think that you have the potential to carry a comedy film on your shoulders?
Yeah i think so, as a matter of fact i would love to but more as a collaborative work with professionals in the game for the filming itself to the Acts.
19. What has been your biggest achievement in the field of comedy?
Hmnnn, to be very honest, it has granted me a lot of access to reach out to a set of Icons i never knew I could get in touch with and it has helped my skills in filming and editing a lot due to everyday practice and most of all, I’ve gained much more happiness and support from my fans like on a daily base.
20. Your Advice to up coming comedians?
My advice will be for you to be yourself and create something unique about your work. could be quality, costume anything at all. work hard and stay focuses because it’s really not easy at the growing stage when nobody knows you. The truth is most of your friends and family may end up not supporting you, it’s fine. It’s your dream not theirs so you just have to keep pressing. believe, have faith in yourself and have faith in God.


IMG-20151106-WA0000
TWYSE

Thanks for reading i hope you got to know Twyse more pleasebdo leave your comment below and more questions you have for Twyse.
Comedy Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home